Saturday, January 30, 2010

Eat Your Heart Out. :)


Today I Wore:

Jeans: Old Navy. They were bootcut, but I sewed 'em up to make skinnies.
White tank: JCPenny's
Coral Blouse: Walmart
Jacket: JCPenny's
Owl Necklace: Forever 21
Moccasins: Payless Shoes
Hair: I may or may not have swiped Zooey Deschanel's lovely 60's hairdo.







I wore this when I went out to Golden Corral for dinner with my extended family. I wasn't really in the mood to go out, but I decided that if I was being "coerced" to go, I might as well look cute, right? In this Florida heat, I didn't wear the jacket for too long. Living in Florida is like going through menopause every day of your life. ;) I haven't worn this blouse too often, but I'm making it my mission to incorporate items I don't wear often into my life.

My look today was slightly inspired by Summer Finn in "500 Days of Summer." I've literally watched that movie at least 20 times. The other day I sat down and drew out every outfit she wore. I am hoping to either make or find similar things. Can you tell I'm slightly obsessed? Most of the clothes she wears are really shape-friendly and timeless. The costume designer, Hope Hanafin, also said a lot of it was thrifted, because she wanted the clothes to be things that Summer could really afford. That's what it's all about.

I feel obliged to mention that tomorrow is Lazy Sunday. Sunday is the day of rest, and our blog will definitely reflect that. :) Keep your eyes peeled for what Lazy Sunday has to offer! :)

Yours always,
Soozit

No comments:

Post a Comment